Friday, 31 October 2014

Kundalini Yoga: Green Energy of the Heart


This was my first ana&ravi DVD, and I liked it so much that I decided to get more. They are quite pricey on amazon.co.uk, but if you're patient and wait for a good deal to pop up at the amazon.co.uk marketplace, you can get them for 10€ or less (including the shipping cost) which I think is an acceptable price for a new (not used), really good workout DVD.

This DVD, like the others in the series, is a mixture of yoga and gym workout (without any equipment, of course). It includes a mantra to focus and tune in with, two great warm-up sets, two "main" sets (called Green Energy Sets on this particular DVD), a deep relaxation, a fun chant to lighten the mind, and a sweet little closing prayer. There are lots and lots of back bends, but also some great exercises for the tummy muscles. The thighs get a workout as well. And the ability to pick and choose which sections to include in your workout is great. As for the difficulty, I think this truly is an exercise DVD accessible to everyone. While some of the exercises are very challenging to do 100%, it's always easy to modify them to make them a little easier - not go as deep into the posture, not do as many repeats, or not stay in the posture quite as long as the instructor, etc. After doing this workout, I always feel great: my back feels wonderful, my mind clear and my whole body a lot more awake than when I started. I like this DVD a lot, and would absolutely recommend it.