Wednesday, 29 October 2014

Xbox 360: Ilomilo - A Tearful Farewell

I'm too lazy to keep writing about my video game progress, so I think I'll just make it a habit to write about a game once I'm done with it. That way, I can give a properly informed opinion and put all my thoughts about it into one blog post so I won't have to repeat things I've already said in an earlier post about the game.

Sadly, I finished Ilomilo a while ago, including Autumn Tale, its sole DLC. (For a proper introduction to the game, including pictures and a trailer, see my previous post about it.) I have to say, it's the cutest, cuddliest game I have ever played, and I'm still completely in love with it even after finishing it. Puzzle games are my favourite video game genre, and Ilomilo's gameplay is just perfect for me - it combines simple but clever mechanics, cute and totally unique graphics, a completely original and cozy soundtrack and an utterly charming atmosphere into such a lovable and one-of-a-kind experience that realising that there were no more levels left for me to play made me quite sad.

Goodbye, Ilo and Milo, and thanks for all the wonderful times we had! And if you ever happen to run into your developer team on one of your wanderings, please tell them we need a sequel!